15 years of experience and a unique understanding of the African continent
ADS Group has been working for more than 15 years across African countries. We are now positioned as a leading player in many public-private partnerships (PPP), and provide services or equipment to states, companies and populations.
At ADS Group, we do not see Africa as a potential market – it’s our shared passion. Working every day on innovative projects, our teams meet top performance and quality criteria and therefore define a ‘new African standard’.
Africa Cup of Nations 2002 (ACN 2002) in Mali: it is on this occasion that Samba Bathily will lead a major project aimed to extend the national fiber backbone, in partnership with AZLAN and CISCO SYSTEMS, while ensuring the connectivity of stadiums and press rooms built up for the event. Infrastructure + associated services: the recipe that will make the success of the ADS group is in place, and this ACN 2002 project can truly be considered as the foundation of the ADS group.
Partnership with Post of Mali
Strategic partnership with Post of Mali for the creation of cyber-centres where Malian citizens can find computers available to surf on internet and perform all kinds of online personal or administrative procedures while being also able to access on-site money transfer services.
First projects in Angola
First projects in Angola, in the sector of oil and petroleum products’ logistics.
Official foundation of the ADS group
ADS increases its footprint in Angola, with AES (Angola Environment Services) specializing in the management of waste resulting from oil and petroleum refining, including waste collection and treatment of waste pieces which cannot be incinerated.
Creation of Africa Logistics Solutions
ADS initiates strategic partnerships with Indian companies to finance and deploy infrastructure in Africa.
Start of Proxicom
– ADS founder Samba Bathily is back in Mali and comes back to one of the activities he started at the very beginning of its entrepreneurial life: car dealership, thanks to a partnership with the Italian manufacturer Fiat – including car sales and after-sales services.
– Also launch of Proxicom in Mali, which is focusing on the distribution of phones and smartphones.
First agrobusiness project
Diversification in the agricultural sector: inspired by the model implemented by Indian company Amul, ADS sets up a milk collection center and a project aimed to support the development of young farmers by providing them with tools, tillers and seeds – in partnership with the NGO ICD.
First solar project in Mali
Solar street lights installation in Niger.
Solar project in Guinea
Large-scale electrification project in the Republic of Guinea, aimed to equip 33 prefectures with solar streetlights.
Fiber Optic project in Senegal
Fiber Optic project in Senegal
First fiber optic project
First major fiber optic project in West Africa for the deployment of connectivity solutions in the Republic of Guinea, Mali, Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire and Benin.
Launch of Akon lighting Africa
Launch of Solektra International and its Akon Lighting Africa initiative to popularize access to renewable solutions as a way to quickly address the energy access challenge on the African continent.
Solektra is a solar ‘best case’
– Solektra is officially declared a best case at the UN Sustainable Energy For all Forum and honoured at COP 21 in Paris.
– The Solektra Solar Academy opens in Bamako, Mali.
– The Kaleta dam, for which ADS Consulting designed a project-financing structure, is inaugurated in the Republic of Guinea.
Partnership with Idemia
– Solektra joins the Wolrd Future Energy Summit as special guest.
– Partnership with Idémia for the development of a new generation biometric passports in Mali – Printing of the first biometric passports with MSN (Mali Solutions Numériques), a subsidiary of ADS.
First data center project
– Partnership with Sunna Design to set up an innovative solar panel assembly line to serve the West African market.
– Samba Bathily is co-founder of the AfroChampions Initiative to mobilize the African private sector for the continent’s economic integration.
– 1st major data center project in Africa delivered by ACS – Africa Constructions Services.
Creation of Multi Industries Group
– Solektra inaugurates a pilot project in Rumba, Rwanda, aimed to create ‘smart services for smart villages’.
– ADS joins the SnCF Africa Fund, launched by the 20 Regions Of Climate Action, dedicated to the development of green infrastructure in Africa.
– Creation of Multi Industries Group whose first production platform is installed on the industrial platform of the new smart city of Diamniadio in Senegal.
Partnership with Tata Communications Transformation Services
– ADS is one of the founding members of the GASCA alliance for the creation of smart cities and smart villages in Africa.
– Partnership with Tata to achieve the western African digital pool (interconnectivity between 4 western african countries) as part of the Single Africa Digital Market.